Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Snippets Of Wednesday

I’ve been playing the E-heads the whole day. Gosh, na-miss ko pala sila! And even my officemate was reminiscing as she sang along to the songs.

*****

One movie I’m sooo looking forward to watch is Brokeback Mountain, an Ang Lee love story starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger as 1960s cowboys in love. Yes, cowboys in love. Gosh, I just had a nose bleed typing that. Excuse me while I clean up my work station.

*****

Wow, iba na ang bagong battery. My Nokia was fully charged last Saturday. Today lang nabawasan ng two bars ang battery charge niya; may lima pang bars na natitira. Bago pa kasi eh.

*****

Shit. Three nights ago, when I got out of the car to open the gates to our house, I looked up and saw an amazing sight: a glowing ring around a bright, full moon. It was eerie and amazing at the same time. After parking I rushed to get my digital camera to take a picture. Despite being zoomed out to maximum, the camera’s lens couldn’t capture the whole ring; it was that wide. I looked at the monitor after taking the shot; the ring was very visible.

Today after uploading the image into the computer, I noticed that the image was a lot darker and the ring not visible. Buwi-shet! Sayang naman.

Next time, gagamit ako ng flash. Charing.

*****

Outside the Mini-Stop located at our building, my cellphone rang; it was Marlon. “Name me a fast Eurythmics song,” he said.

“Fast? Uhm, Love Is A Stranger?” I replied.

“How does that go?”

I sang the first line of the song. “Ay, hindi yan. Ano pa?” he said.

“When you say fast, do you consider Sweet Dreams as fast?” I asked.

“Hindi rin Sweet Dreams. Ano pa?”

I remembered this song, a late-80s Eurythmics favorite of mine wherein they ditched their electronic sound and switched to guitars, drums, and a rocked-out Annie Lennox. “How about Would I Lie To You?” I said.

“How does that go?”

So I sang the first few lines of the song. The guard at the doorway was looking at me strangely. Marlon eventually recognized the song; he started singing along with me: “Would I lie to you honey? / Now did I say something that wasn’t true…” Yes! That’s it!” he exclaimed. Then I heard him speak to someone beside him, “Lara, Would I Lie To You! Yes!” Then he spoke to me again. “Ayan, makakatulog na si Lara.”

Yup, that’s me. Music library to my friends, Mister McJukebox himself.