Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Top 5 Episodes from Season 1

I’ve ranked the top 5 episodes from The McVie Show Season 1, and here they are:

[5]
Andalotofzshuzshu
Tuesday, February 03, 2004

This funny episode traces the origins of the vhakluhr-speak term andalotofzshuzshu. It actually features Ms. Pilar Pilapil, veteran actress and former senator-wannabe.

[4]
Game KNB?
Thursday, May 20, 2004

This episode is about the onboard game we played in Cebu Pacific on the flight back from Bohol when we visited the province a month after my dad died. It features an Air Supply song and a word which should never be uttered over the public address system of an airplane in flight.

[3]
Nights Of Serafina
Saturday, January 31, 2004

Joey Gosengfiao’s classic cinematic campfest is featured in this episode best described as: “Ganda!”

[2]
Driving Me Daisy
Friday, January 23, 3004

It’s about my parents, my ambition, and me at the backseat of our car. It has laughter in it, but this episode isn’t really supposed to be funny.

And the top episode is:
[1]
Inherit This!
Thursday, January 22, 2004

It is an eerie premonition of my dad’s death. It also crystallized how I felt about my dad during that time, a feeling that now is moot and academic. But I’m glad I felt that way before he died. Again, not a funny episode.

You can either click on the re-runs of The McVie Show Season 1, or you can wait for the re-run of the top 5 episodes here in the next few days.

I noticed that the top three episodes were in the first weeks of January 2004, the start of The McVie Show. I guess I really liked the first few things I’ve placed on the show. Now all I’m doing is trying to match the initial burst of writing.