Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Shoe, Fly!

I lost my only good pair of black formal leather shoes. Last Sunday just as we were about to leave for my brother’s wedding, I got the shoebox out of my closet… and the shoes weren’t in it! I spent several minutes looking all over the house for it, asking everyone if they’ve seen the pair. No such luck.

Damn, that was a great pair! I loved those Rockport shoes because they’re the most comfy for me. My feet are sensitive; they easily tire. That’s why when it comes to shoes I go for comfort over looks.

Now I’m fucking wondering where the hell my shoes are. Did I leave them at some function? The last time I remember wearing them was when my sister got married. Wait, that’s three years ago. I’ve attended several weddings after that. Fuck, where are they?

Suddenly I’m wondering if I left them in some hotel room or parking lot. Maybe those shoes walked off by themselves. Jeez.

My mom told me, “Oh, just buy a new pair.” Yeah, okay fine. But still. It’s infuriating to not have any idea what had happened to those shoes.

Somewhere in Marikina right this very minute, a pair of Rockport shoes is dashing from one street to the next, looking for its owner. One day it’ll spot the floating shoe in Marikina River, and it will think, “I’ve found the Almighty Shoe!”

Hay naku, I’m bored. And where the fuck did I leave my black shoes?!