Friday, October 15, 2004

Lost And Found

I got home last night to find my younger brother excited. While going through some of our sister’s stuff (she moved out after she got married), he came across a bag full of her cassette tapes… and three CDs which she borrowed from me: The Innocents by Erasure, Madonna’s Immaculate Collection, and Pump Up The Jam, Technotronic’s first album.

What’s kinda, sorta, med-ja, maypagka-kaka as in kaka-inis about dis is this: I thought I lost or misplaced or lent them and forgot all about them. Thinking they were lost forever, I decided to replace them.

Madonna’s CD was easy to find, but the Erasure album is rarely available locally. So I asked Daniel to buy me a copy during one of his business trips abroad (it’s one of the few albums I could listen to from beginning to end without skipping a track). He wasn’t sure if he could get me one, but promised me he’d do his best to look for it. Then one day I saw a copy here and bought it immediately. A few days later, Daniel came back from his trip bearing a copy of the Erasure CD for me.

So now I have three (!) copies of The Innocents and two copies of Immaculate Collection. The Technotronic album, as you may have guessed, I didn’t miss at all; besides, I already have a copy of their greatest hits.

I really need a “librarian” to keep track of my CDs. Or else just not lend them out at all! Swapang me.