Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Thundercats Are Go!

Today I’m walking with a slight limp on my left knee.

Last night we had a farewell party for our division VP. They were playing Beyonce’s Crazy In Love, and I started copying her moves from her music video.

Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh no no! I sashayed down the dance floor, hips swaying and hands swinging, uh oh, uh oh, uh oh, oh no no! and then suddenly drop on all fours I look and stare so deep in your eyes and then twist and turn and on hands and knees while singing I touch you more and more every time and of course I just had to top Beyonce’s performance so I flipped-and-tumbled, slammed onto the wall, twisted and dropped and turned-turtle and all the while lip-synching to the song.

When I got home my left knee was groaning, my right palm was throbbing, and my back was complaining. Throughout the night I kept flip-flopping in bed, twisting and turning to get a comfortable position. This morning at the gym I decided to just do cardio and forgo weights until tomorrow.

Sigh. The spirit is Beyonce, but the flesh is Madonna.