Monday, June 07, 2004

It Must Be The Rain

Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion…


Feeling a bit muted today. Not sad, just… gray. Like the skies today.

Maybe it’s because today there are some things I have to do at work that I’m not looking forward to at all. Hay naku, can’t wait for our new boss to come in. I hope he can shake things up. Wala lang, para maiba lang. Otherwise, I’ll be thinking of flying the coop once again, with or without any financial increase.

Boredom… Ennui is the half-sister of Solitude, and she is making her presence felt on this rainy Monday afternoon.

Or maybe this isn’t boredom but a desire to rid myself of unwanted responsibilities. Can’t I just be responsible for things I choose? Then again, I chose this job; I can choose to leave it too.

Ano ba ito?! Maybe I shouldn’t be singing a Eurythmics song, but a Bangles song:

It’s just another manic Monday (woo-o-woo)
Wish it were Sunday (woo-o-woo)….