Wednesday, June 30, 2004

The McVie Family Way

This Saturday there will be a McVie family gathering to celebrate my niece’s birthday. The pregnant girlfriend is also invited.

If she attends, this will be the first time I’m meeting her. According to my mom my brother wants to get married already. She is the one who’s not sure.

My ever-sensible sister-in-law and I were discussing the matter over a rapid exchange of SMS messages:
ME: She should not be pressured to marry just for the sake of.
SHE: We told them they should attend marriage counseling first.
ME: Maybe they should concentrate on having the baby first before marriage. One major hurdle at a time.
SHE: I agree. I’ll talk to her about it on Saturday.
ME: Then again, she is from a prominent family in Bicol. Do I dare to dream of family vacations in Bicol in the future? Hahaha!
SHE: YES! Mark and I are already planning it.

As you can see, we McVies never lose our sense of humor even as we sense an opportunity.