Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Bucolic Bohol

So here I am in my favorite internet café in Tagbilaran, Bohol—the Millennium Café. Everyone else is in Island Mall, the newest and biggest mall in the island. They’re watching Panaghoy sa Suba, the Cesar Montano movie which was shot in Loboc, Bohol. Obviously, it is making a killing at the box-office here; love your own, ika nga. No one is watching Mano Po 3 or Lastikman. I decided not to join them because: [1] looking at the provincial crowd, I could imagine them being noisy while watching the film, and I hate that; [2] I wanted the time to surf and blog; [3] heck, I really wanted to watch So Happy Together but not only is it not showing here yet, it’ll raise eyebrows: “Why do you want to watch that movie?” So dedma na.

I’ve been taking pictures left and right; I’ll just post them (with matching commentaries) when I come back. I just love this province. Our house (my mom’s) is in Bilar, which is 42 kms from the capital. It takes us a little over an hour to go there, though now the trip is a little slower because of the construction going on at the coastal road—they’re finally cementing that side of the island. When they’re finished the drive around the whole island will be smooth, hassle-free.

Bilar, our town, is in the middle of the island; it’s also the town with the highest elevation so there’s no danger of tsunamis hitting us anytime soon. There are also no loggers around so there’s no danger of mudslides happening ever. It’s very peaceful; during the day you can hear the wind brush gently on top of bamboo trees. You can neighbors conversing as they pass outside the house; it’s that peaceful and quite. I love it! (Of course, I love it only for, oh, maybe a week or two of that. Longer than that, I’d start itching for the noise and mayhem of Manila!)

So I’m taking this time to catch up on my reading, sleep, eat, relax, relax and relax even more. And drive around the island; my tito generously lent us his L-300 for us to use, so I’m the designated driver. Have wheels, will drive around, hehehe!

Which is why I was able to sneak out and go to this internet café. The movie will be over in a bit, so I have to be moving along. I still want to buy film. Plus the Odyssey in Island Mall is selling new CDs at Php450 instead of Php475 in Manila!

So have a great in-between Christmas and New Year, folks! Enjoy.

Later, dudes and dudettes!

P.S. Walang guwapong Boholanons... I think Cesar Montano is a fluke. Or a product of uber-recessive genes. Whatever. I think this will be tigang time for me. Sigh.