Thursday, December 16, 2004

Cebu-laga!

Christmas is coming, and I’ve already put up the tree and installed the lights. But my mom wants more lights to be placed at our garage (“Madilim pala ang bahay natin sa labas!” sabi niya.) And she wants a parol too. For several years now we’ve done without a parol for Christmas, but I think mom wants the whole caboodle since we’re spending it here instead of in Baguio (two years ago) or Bohol (last year).

But after Christmas my mom, my sister, younger brother and I are flying to Cebu and Bohol. We’ll spend the New Year in either one of those places (plans are still being arranged). If we want a quiet New Year, we’ll stay in our little quiet town of Bilar. If we want noise and merry making, we’ll stay with my titas in their suburban home in Cebu.

I’ve never really gone around Cebu. We’d usually just go from pier to airport. This time I have a chance to see the Queen City of South up close. Maybe I’ll also have a chance to get to know the queens of the Queen City up close too, who knows? Wink, wink!

Ay bahala na. Kasama sina mama at mga kapatid. Baka wala akong pagkakataon mag-eskaflu at gumala-gala sa siyudad. Whatever.

Damn. Now I really miss Ollie (my digital camera)!