Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Tagaytay Images

Why was I not in Bed Saturday evening? I wanted to stay long in Malate, but I had to go home early because the whole family was going up to Tagaytay the next day. Departure was at 6am, so I needed my beauty sleep. Sunday morning found the whole McVie family excited; my mom wanted us to stay overnight there! Our plan was to attend Mass the moment we arrive there then look for a place. Since I wasn’t in a mass-mood, I skipped service and went around looking for a place. I stopped by five possible venues before heading back just in time as the mass ended.

We had lunch at Josephine’s because my mom wanted sinigang. We enjoyed the magnificent view and had fun playing around for the camera. Below are some of my favorite pictures I took. The rest will be in The McView Point.


Taal volcano as seen from Josephine’s view deck


My older brother with his children in a very old optical “trick”


We stayed at this house in Cellar Mansions—of the houses available for rent, this was the coziest. The moment we stepped in, the others immediately liked the vibes of the place. True enough, no weird occurrence happened during our stay.



My niece wanted to ride a horse, so we stopped by Picnic Grove, where I took these shots. I loved the silhouettes against the dusk sky. Magic hour indeed!


Suzuki can get me to do their Vitara brochures, hahaha! Ang guwapo ni Orlando, if I may say so.


Around the house, there were lots of trees with huge spiders. My nephew and niece were both fascinated by the spiders, and spent the morning looking for them among the trees.


My flower series. There were so many different flowers growing around the house, and they’re the most cooperative of subjects.


Dinner at Carlo’s Pizza; when you have kids you give in to their whining. One can go restaurant-hopping; beside it is Dencio’s (not in photo), Starbucks, Pancake House and Hen-Lin’s. I wanted to go to Antonio’s Breakfast (Lunch and Dinner Too), but I was out-voted.


Early Monday morning, just as I was about to go up to the second floor, I glanced up. I then grabbed my camera and took a picture of the window.

For more pictures, click on The McView Point link at right.