Thursday, October 28, 2004

Halloweekend

Ewan ko ba, pero excited ako this Halloween weekend.

I really have no specific reason why I should be. I’m not invited to any particular event. I’m not even sure what the events in Malate will be this Saturday. All I know is that the weekend is just all possibilities and that in itself is exciting. Because I’m sure the reality will be... whatever I make it to be. I think I’ll bring out the little horns on my head this weekend and be the little devil, hehehe!

Still, during the day I’ll be an angel. My mom has asked me to take over my dad’s annual duty of driving her to the cemetery to visit her brother who died in a vehicular accident in Saudi Arabia. He left behind my then-10 yr old cousin and his pregnant wife. When she gave birth, poor little JR never saw his dad except through pictures. Now I suspect JR is, ahem, on our team; the tell-tale signs are there though not that conclusive. That’s the thing about gaydar: it can be fool-proof in catching the tell-tale signs, but just because someone has those signs it doesn’t mean he’s a team member. For example, based on first impression this commercial director I used to work with often might come off as a fruit fairy but he most definitely is not; nope, not even close to bi-curious. On the other hand Zeki and Phillip last Sunday looked like your stereotypical male Alabangers who upon mention of the term “drag race” would immediately think of pistons and torque, not pumps and tiaras. Then again this director speaks with a kulot at the end of his sentences that is curlier than Li’l Orphan Annie’s locks, and is an opera buff to boot! Meanwhile, I bet Zeki and Phillip have never worn any kind of make-up ever (stage plays exempted, of course.)

See what I mean? But I digress.

So I’m driving my mom to Himlayang Pilipino on Saturday. Then I’m meeting Leigh for a hotdog dinner (don’t ask; naglilihi na naman siguro ang putah!) After that? The night is young and so am I, hehehe!