Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Oh Focker!

Did you see the movie Meet The Parents with Robert De Niro and Ben Stiller? Well, I didn’t but I just saw on Apple.com/trailers its sequel, and I had an oh-my-god moment watching it.

After the Universal logo, you hear the plink-plink of a piano intro, then the golden voice of Barbra Streisand comes in: Memories light the corners of my mind…

And you see a series of flashbacks from the disastrous first meeting: the dinner fiasco, the oh-so-tight Speedos, the volleyball-smack-in-the-face incident, the burning of the yard, the lie detector test.

…misty water color memories…

Then you see De Niro and wife Blythe Danner in bed, and he says, “Just gotta do one more thing. Meet his parents.”

…of the way we were.

Screen fades to black, and you read the words: It’s time to Meet The Fockers.

What I saw next made me go, “Oh. My. God!” It was Dustin Hoffman and Barbra Streisand at the dinner table, and she tells Dustin, “Honey, get the photo album.”

De Niro, Hoffman and Streisand, with Stiller! Wow. Hanep sa budget, hahaha!