Monday, August 09, 2004

The McVie Weekend News

Friday evening is our most hectic day of the week, because we have to finish all those plugs that have to air over the weekend. My friends already know better than to invite me for dinner or a night out on a Friday. Last week was no different from the rest, but because the editing was taking longer than usual, I decided to step out at 1am and headed for Bed. I had time to down two bottles of San Mig light, dance on the ledge for more than two hours straight—flirting all the while with a sexy guy by dirty dancing with him—and drive back to the office and still they were not finished editing. So I played Zuma until 5am. And then they come up to me and tell me that the machine crashed and they have to start from scratch. So I ended up coming to work Saturday afternoon. Pakshet!

So Saturday evening I was back in Bed, but this time dancing for more than three hours straight, dirty danced with the same guy again, had tongue-to-tongue action with a kid who barely reached 5’2” and was a few months shy of his 20th birthday, while his a-whole-lot-taller-and-older friend grabbed my right hand and placed it on his crotch. Gosh! He was already semi-hard; by the feel of it though, he is more blessed vertically than horizontally. He was also not cute at all.

The sun was up Sunday morning when I got home, but that was the last time I saw the sun that day. When they woke me up for lunch, it was raining hard. Our maid was on her day off, so my mom decided for us to just drive out to Antipolo for lunch, at a restaurant named Nipa Hut. The rains brought in heavy cloud cover along the mountainside of Antipolo; it reminded me of past Baguio trips. It was great; my mom, brother, sister and I pretended we were on vacation.

After lunch we went home and slipped in my latest DVD purchase: Sunset Boulevard. What a classic! They don’t write scripts like that anymore. (For scriptwriting excellence though, I think All About Eve is better.)

In the evening we all trooped to Galleria to watch Imelda (I wanted to watch it again and see the other’s reactions.) They laughed out loud to Imelda’s circle and ones and other doodles, and to her complaint that, in an assassination attempt at her, the assassin used an ugly bolo knife (“Couldn’t he have tied a yellow ribbon on it or something?” she wondered out loud.)

Ah, another weekend past, and another workweek begins. Sigh. Five more days, five more days....