Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Holy Man Hunt!

I’m looking for a Methodist priest.

You see, my brother wants to marry his girlfriend, who’s a Methodist. Neither wants to convert to the other’s religion. Will both churches allow the two to marry? Will there be two weddings and two receptions? Is it possible for a concelebrated wedding and one reception to save on expenses?

My mom, older brother and my two sisters went with my brother to his girlfriend’s for the traditional pamamanhikan last Saturday evening (I was enjoying the mountain breeze at Arayat during that time). My brother and his girlfriend have decided on a civil wedding first while they’re still figuring out the church wedding/s. My mom and older brother want to dissuade them from that plan; for them, it’s better if they have a church wedding.

So now my mom’s asking me to help my brother out by asking around how a Roman Catholic and a Methodist can be bound in the sacrament of marriage.

Sigh.