Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Wet Wednesday

Went to work after lunch. The streets in Marikina are muddy and with litter scattered all over, but at least they’re flood-free. The river however is swollen beyond its banks. I’m sure the floating shoes are stuck among the trees along the banks; the cement carabaos will remain totally submerged for a few days.

The traffic in Quezon City is light tonight; I’m half-tempted to go and watch the last full show of Thunderbirds or Princess Diaries 2. But I still have a plug to produce, and the editors who were able to wade through to the office are drowning with the work load; I might do some editing myself. At least the rains have stopped for the moment. They say there’s a typhoon coming so here’s to more wet days and nights.

I look forward to spending a wet and cold weekend in Marlon’s farm, though. Somehow the idea sounds really cozy and enticing.