Friday, March 11, 2005

Out Of The Blue

A guy I met a few years ago in Blue Avenue sent me a text message this morning.

Commercial break: Blue Avenue was this gay bar in Makati, located very near where Government is today. On the outside it looked like any other two-storey apartment in Makati. The only sign that it’s Blue is the blue light coming from the second floor window which signaled that the bar was open. On the ground floor were the bar and gym (daw!); on the second floor were the viewing room (where g-films are shown one after the other) and several grope rooms. Last year they closed it down. The apartment today is back to what it’s supposed to be. I often see the owners of Blue at Bed, dancing the night away. Remember the orgy party I stumbled into a few months back? The owners of Blue were the organizers of that party. Now back to regular programming.

After we met in Blue, we exchanged numbers and actually went out twice afterwards. Then I did not hear from him again for almost seven months. That is, until this morning when I received his SMS.

Blue Guy: musta.na?

My reply: Ok lang. Long time no hear from you.

Blue Guy: kakauwi.me.lang.fr.cebu.musta.na?

Tumaas ang kilay ko. Nairita ako. More than the use of “me” (as in “kakauwi me”), more than the periods instead of spaces between words, more than the demanding tone (as in “musta na?” for the second time)… nobody texts me with all-underlined!

So I fired back: Eto I’m seeing someone na. What did you do in Cebu?

Well, that shut him up. He didn’t bother to answer my question at all. And I hope that’s the last I hear from him.

* * * * *

Wow! After more than an hour, Blue Guy replied.

Blue Guy: wow.congrats… nagbkasyn.lang.aftr.graduating..sa,GMAkaparin.b?

Hay naku. Sablay pa rin siya. Ako ang hari ng sablay, ako ang hari ng sablay....

Reply naman me: Hindi GMA. The Kapamilya station.

Blue Guy: sory.pwde.bko.aply.dyan.khit.PA.lang?

Ahhh! Now we’re getting into the heart of the matter.

Answer naman me: Sure. Just give your resume at our HR Dept.

Blue Guy: san.dyan? sinu.hanapin.ko? pwde.mo.bko.ilakad?

And there you have it! Bingo!

Text naman me: Just go to the guard at the gate and tell him you’re submitting your resume to HR. Sorry, I cannot make lakad.

What I really wanted to say was this: Sorry never make lakad me eh.