Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Mister Sungit

At least three guys have told me (after having sex in the bathhouse) that I was masungit-looking, which is why they hesitated to approach me in the first place. Last Saturday a guy who I met in Bed told me I looked like a mabagsik na pulis.

Oh god!

It’s my dad’s genes. If you see his pictures (especially when he was already in his 50s) his general countenance is one that’s often scowling, his eyebrows furrowed, frown lines prominent, lips on a downturn. No, he wasn’t an unhappy man. I think he was always squinting (he had glasses but often refused to wear them). My eyesight is still 20/20 (as determined in last month’s medical check-up), but I’m always thinking of something. And when I’m thinking, I tend to furrow my eyebrows and purse my lips. I think that makes me look sungit.

Of course, those who already know me say that I’m not masungit, that I’m actually an easy-going guy. Sarcastic, yes, but still an easy-to-approach kind of guy. Of course, at bars and bathhouses there’s not much opportunity to display my easy-going charm and sharp wit. Sheesh!

Memo to me: SMILE MORE.