Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Unfunny

It has been several days after that happy-yet-depressing Tagaytay weekend, and I’m still not my usual self. For days now I’ve stared at the computer, my mind blank, can’t think of anything hilarious or even mildly funny to talk about. And there’s nothing to rant or rave either.

Have I lost my inner funny? Did I break my funny bone? In the office I’m still joking around, benta pa rin ang mga patawa ko. But I go on-line and I’m stumped. Phillip is so funny, I get jealous reading his blog.

Worse, I’ve been celibate for several days now. I my membership cards to CB and F were in my wallet when it was stolen. Gosh! I haven’t had sex in more than two weeks! It’s making me grumpy. (And masturbating in the shower after gym doesn’t count either. It’s just a stop-gap measure.)

And for the past one-and-a-half weeks I’ve been very busy with work. I spearheaded the latest Comedy Christmas Station ID which started airing yesterday. Two weeks ago my client asked us to come up with concepts for a station ID for the network’s comedy stars. In a whirlwind of activity, we were able to brainstorm, conceptualize, make a total promo plan, shoot and post-produce a 1 minute and 42 seconds long station ID. (If you watch any of our comedy shows, you’ll catch it there. “Tumwawa’t ituloy natin ang Pasko!” is its message.) How ironic that our SID is fun to watch, yet it was conceptualized and produced by someone who seems to have lost his sense of humor.

Sigh. It looks like my boner is connected to my funny bone. All work and no sex make McVie a dull and unfunny boy.