Saturday, October 02, 2004

Mom Update (and others)

The test results last night at St. Luke’s ER showed that my mom suffered from some muscular contraction due to… I don’t really know for sure. Basta, according to the doctor it’s muscular fatigue, not cardiac in nature. But to be very sure, my mom wanted to see her regular cardiologist asap.

So right now I’m in an internet café just outside St. Luke’s, waiting for my mom to finish her doctor’s appointment. It’s a strange place, this makeshift internet café. I’m in on-line games country. Internet jologs rule here. Our potential viewers for Ragnarok The Animation Series are all here, and I wonder if they can be persuaded to drop their mouse and keyboard for 30 minutes every day and watch a cartoon series instead of playing it.

The hospital and the clinics around it are crowded with people; it reminds me of a mall during December weekends. Gosh, is the state of medical care in the Philippines that bad, with one doctor for every gazillion Filipinos? I exaggerate, but it seems like it here. Parking is shitty, nay, non-existent. Oh well.

Anyway, after this check-up I’m dragging my mom along to The Podium. Book 11 of A Series Of Unfortunate Events is already available at Ink & Stone, plus I want to check out if the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD is already available in Astrovision.

Heck, who says a visit to the doctor cannot be fun?