Friday, October 01, 2004

Bloody Pressure

Yesterday morning my mom felt dizzy. So I drove her to World Citi Medical Center along Aurora, Cubao. Turned out her blood pressure was way too high. She asked that she be admitted overnight just to make sure her pressure goes down.

Discharging her from the hospital turned out to be more difficult than I thought. This is the first time I had to use my HMI card (she’s my dependent), so I was flabbergasted at the red tape I had to go through. What’s worse, different people kept giving us different, sometimes conflicting, information. It took us more than 2 hours just to get her out. Good thing they didn’t charge us for a second day even though we overstayed because I had to run to and fro to complete the requirements.

But at least my mom’s blood pressure is back to normal, she’s back at home, and she has a new prescription. Truly, what the multivitamin commercial says is so true: Sa hirap ng panahon ngayon, bawal ang magkasakit.