Monday, September 06, 2004

Zoolander

3% body fat, 1% brain activity


Saw Zoolander for the third time last Sunday evening. My brother bought a pirated copy but his officemates borrowed it almost immediately. The movie was so in demand it took my brother more than 3 months to get it back.

It’s a perfect no-brainer movie about a no-brainer. Will Ferrell is uber-hilarious as Jacobin Mugatu. His Derelicte campaign was priceless, and even more hilarious is the way he says “Derelicte!” But my all-time classic line from Mugatu is, “That Hansel, he’s sooo hot right now!”

My other favorite lines in the movie:
“Moisture is the essence of wetness, and wetness is the essence of beauty.” – Derek Zoolander as a merman, just before he swims off-camera
“Mer-MAN, Dad! Mer-MAN!” – Derek Zoolander correcting his dad for calling him a mermaid
“Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that.” – Owen Wilson as Hansel
“I can dere-lick my own balls, thank you very much!” – Derek Zoolander’s answer to Hansel’s taunt