Thursday, September 23, 2004

Q-&-A

Got the following Q-&-A from Nelz’s blog. When I read the questions, I thought, “Hmmm, interesting!” So I decided to answer it too.

first real date that is not an eyeball meeting: I don’t remember his name, I don’t remember the exact circumstances behind it. I think it was a semi-date, meaning I think I considered it a date but the other guy didn’t.

first romantic kiss: Don’t remember his name. Again, I think it was just me who considered it romantic.

first boyfriend: None.

first item of clothing i insisted my mum bought me: The stuff my mom bought for me I wasn’t embarrassed to wear. Only a decade later did I look back and went, “Oh my, I wore those?”

first time i ever got drunk: Third year college. We stayed overnight in the college theater (G-306) drinking and smoking marijuana. The two janitors assigned to the building were with us, so when the roving guard came along, we just gave him a bottle or two and he let us stay there. I remember getting all woozy and barfing into a toilet bowl. Another barfed into the sink and clogged it. That’s how the others found out the next day that we got drunk.

first record bought: Oh my. I’m not really sure anymore, but I think it was Thompson Twins’ Into The Gap. It’s the one with Doctor, Doctor and Hold Me Now.

first cd bought: Three in one blow (it was my first paycheck ever!): December by George Winston, The Broadway Album by Barbra Streisand, and Fleetwood Mac’s Greatest Hits.

first idol: The Beatles, specifically Paul McCartney. Actually I had a crush on him, but I was also in awe of his prolific songwriting. His lyrics aren’t exactly Pulitzer-prize worthy, but he can create melodies that hook themselves in your ear upon first listening. Then it was the BeeGees, then Jeff Lynne and the Electric Light Orchestra. And then… Madonna.

first proper haircut: Define proper. I think I had some great barbers go through my hair. But the first time I had my hair styled was with Ipe this year.

first job: I was a staff assistant at the Coordinating Center for Dramatic Arts in CCP.

first thing i bought when i made my own money: The three CDs listed above. Even then I had my priorities straight, hehehe!

first thing i do when i wake up in the morning: Shut off the alarm clock. Look at my tummy in the mirror. Then take a pee.