Sunday, January 16, 2005

GKNB Above The Clouds

On the Cebu Pacific flight back from Bohol, the on-board game played was "Name the title of the song." At first I was determined to ignore the game. The first song the flight steward sang: "Only youuuu...!" Several hands immediately shot up.

For the second song, the stewardess sang: "Look at this stuff, isn't it neat?"

Ah, Part Of Your World from The Little Mermaid soundtrack, I immediately said to myself. But wait. How come no one is raising their hand?

Stewardess: "Don't you think my collection's complete?"

Aba, wala pa ring tumataas ng kanilang kamay! Hindi ba nila alam itong kanta'ng 'to? Already I heard mutterings from the other passengers: "Hindi ba sa Little Mermaid yan?"

Shit. Wala pa ring tumataas ng kamay.

Stewardess: "Don't you think I'm the girl, the girl who has--! Yes sir, over there by the back!"

I had to raise my hand. The other flight steward walked towards me and asked me my answer.

Me: "Part of your world."

And the stewardess went: "And the answer is, Little Mermaid"!

What?! I immediately chimed in: "'Part of your world' is the title of the song. That song is in the animated Disney film Little Mermaid."

To her credit, she immediately corrected herself: "Ah yes, that's correct pala."

So now I own a Cebu Pacific bag.